Since 1991, The LSCI Institute has been providing Educators, Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Youth Care Professionals, and Parents with interactive, therapeutic strategies for turning crisis situations into learning opportunities for children and youth with chronic patterns of self-defeating behaviors.
Now, for the first time ever, the advanced skills of LSCI are available online! Given the ever-increasing constraints on professionals’ time, travel, and continuing education funding, we have re-designed our Certification curriculum to offer the Introduction to LSCI as an online course. Participants may complete Part 1 of the LSCI certification online, from work or home, on their own schedules, via our 11 video-based modules.
The online Introduction to LSCI provides in-depth instruction in the fundamental skills of LSCI, including:
- The differences in psychological worlds between helping adults and kids under stress
- The impact of chronic stress and traumatic events in the lives of young people
- The brain’s role in driving repetitive and predictable patterns of self-defeating behavior
- Helping kids bring language to emotion and gain insight into their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- The LSCI Conflict Cycle
- Effective interviewing skills
- The six most common patterns of self-defeating behavior
- How to conduct a complete Red Flag reclaiming intervention
Online Course Format
- The online Introduction to LSCI is a video-based course. Following the simple registration process, you will gain access to 11 training modules, each presented via video by Dr. Frank Fecser, Co-founder of the LSCI Institute. The course is not timed; participants are free to watch the modules on their own schedule, and may re-watch each module as often as desired. It is highly recommended that the modules are viewed sequentially, however, as the course information builds on itself from one module to the next.
- Upon registration, you will be able to download the Participant’s Manual for the Introduction to LSCI course. The manual provides the PowerPoint presentation, along with detailed handouts and journal articles that feature real-world LSCI examples.
- Your registration and payment for the online Introduction to LSCI also includes a copy of the textbook Life Space Crisis Intervention: Talking with Students in Conflict. The book will automatically be sent to the address you list in your registration. You should receive the book in 7-10 business days (these materials normally run $121.00 but are included in the tuition for the on-line course). You may begin to watch the video modules before the textbook arrives. The textbook will enhance your overall learning and will be instrumental for long term reference and retention of the LSCI course content. Likewise, the text will be cited repeatedly in Part 2 of the LSCI Certification.
- Click the link below to register for the online Introduction to LSCI training.
- Where it says how did you hear about the training, click the oval that states an LSCI Trainer recommended me.
- A text box will appear that asks for the trainer’s name, enter Ben Beck
- Once your registration is complete, you will be linked directly to the online course to begin your training. You will also receive an email notification of your order details and your login information if you are registering a new account.
- When you have successfully completed the course and passed the True/False exam, you can download a Certificate of Completion for the Introduction to LSCI.
- Course Fee: $200.00 The fee for the online course includes a copy of the text Life Space Crisis Intervention: Talking with Students in Conflict (shipped directly to the address you provide during course registration) along with a downloadable Participant’s manual and Certificate.